Saturday, 18 November 2006

Meeting in KL

The day begin on 15th waking up early for as usual but today is Shidot last day in School for the year. The I got to rush to KL, attend few meetings the next day and back again to Kuching.

05:30 – Woke up, bathroom, dressed up, cup of coffee and the day begins.

05:50 – Left house with Shidot, normal jam at Matang road.

06.15 - Breakfast with Shidot at Padungan.

06.50 – Drop the kid at school and rush back to office, clear outstanding, check the mails and read some, answer some, delete some. Make few calls, print some data, collect few reports, prepare files for tomorrow and that’s it.

11.00 – Go to Borneo Post’s office at Pending, submit the Aknowledgement Insert, that’s RM370, well, what need to be done will be done.

12.50 – Fetch kid at St Mary’s, went home, munch some lunch, pack minimum cloth; one shirt, one singlet, one T-shirt, extra pair of socks, undies and a hanky, toiletries .. that’s it, should be enough (strain of Cliff Richard’s “Travelling Light” in the air). And all these lucky items will be squeezed into my Acer Travel mate’s suitcase to keep my laptop company during the flight.

14.00 – On my way to Kuching Airport, sent by wifey.
- check in at the no luggage counter, have a quick smoke at the narcotine room, few stewardess were there too sucking the .. er their cigarettes of course. Met Saed Hassan, fellow TM just came back from KL.

16.06 – Takeoff and 100 minutes later I popped up in KLIA, I survived the inflight servings. Compulsory stop at the store and pick up a deodorizer (forgot to bring), Salem, few buns, a carton of milk, mineral water and a maggie mee in the cup, my survival instinct telling me to be prepared just in case of emergency, never know what can happen.

18.10 – Use a coach to go downtown KL since it’s still early, met Josiat Sadit, ex-Kolejian, now with a bank.

19.45 – Reached KL Central, the trip took longer than one hour due to rain and jam. Hopped into the waiting MPV (wow.. a Mercedes), only one other passenger apart from me, a non talking Mat Salleh who jumped out at Westin.

20.15 – Reached my Hotel, Bintang Warisan @ Bukit Bintang, was assigned to Room 212, an upgrade said the Bellboy. But that three-bed room has no Astro and no coffee making thingy. The beds and the bathroom are ok.

21.00 – Went out for dinner, chose an empty restaurant nearby, ordered yong tau foo with rice, strange choice, the Chinalady cook asked me whether we Sarawakians use the same Ringit and MyCard as them Malaysians. I almost choked on my reply and almost said no. Before I left 3 more customers came in, a local Chinese and 2 Africans, most probably Nigerians. A con job planning is about to begin, A discussion on investment is about to start.

Back to the Hotel I managed to catch one movie at Vison 4, a Bruce Willis movie supported by unknown casts. After that I take out my laptop, played a bunch of MP3, this time I clicked Bad Company and CCR.

16th Nov 2006

Waking up at 6.30am to start my day. After dishing out my AMBank card at the counter I had my free “American” breakfast before hailing up a taxi to Menara TM. So far so good.

And the meeting was ok, actually had three meetings. The first meeting was Performance Review meeting followed by ISO meeting. After a break we proceed for a Manpower planning meeting at the next building. And there were still time for a ramah tamah.

At 5.15pm I was on the LRT to KL Central, and a lot of spare time as the next coach leave at 6.30pm for KLIA. I reached Airport at 7.40pm, checked in, buy some breads, muffins, assorted buns, otak otak before going to the smoking lounge. Left KLIA at 20.50 and reached Kuching at 10:30pm, reached home just before midnight.

The trip was quite hectic and there a lot of follow ups to be done.

No comments: